5K & 10k Training Program
5K Beginners is a walk/run interval training program designed for people who are currently inactive or new to running. The program is structured to help you cross the finish line of a 5K (3.1 miles) race in just 10 weeks.
The program not only includes a training plan, but a professional coach and a team atmosphere with the camaraderie of others just like you. Schedules and formats vary by store and reflect your local community, but the common theme and focus is to make YOU a happier, more active person! Group training sessions help to build your stamina and keep you motivated. Educational clinics cover topics such as proper nutrition, choosing the right gear, and avoiding injury.
5K Advanced/10k is perfect for runners who desire to improve their 5k/10k times or compete at a longer distance and increase their knowledge and love of running. A variety of training techniques will be incorporated in this 10-week program to help improve your speed, strength, and running economy. Your coach and mentors will work to carefully balance mileage and speed work to help you avoid injury and race your best!
- Coached group workouts 2 days per week
- Running form instruction by our certified Good Form Running specialist
- Free consultation with our nutritionist
- Free strength training clinic with our certified personal trainer
- 1-year Fleet Feet Running Club membership provides additional group runs and club perks
- Limited to 100 participants!
Details: FFDP Summer 2017 5K Beginner & Advanced Programs
- Program fee-
- Beginner 5k: $100
- Advanced 5k/10k: $125
- Goal Race: Malta 5K, September 9, 2017
- Program Kickoff Monday, June 26, 2017, 7:00 pm at Fleet Feet Albany
- Begins Thursday, July 6, 5:45 p.m. at Ciccotti Center
- Shopping Night, Monday, July 10 at 7 p.m.
- Workout Times: Monday & Thursday at 5:45 pm
- Workout Location:
- Beginner: The Crossings of Colonie
- Advanced 5k/10k: Various locations
- Program Kickoff Thursday, June 29, 2017, 7:00 pm at Fleet Feet Malta
- Begins Thursday, July 6, 5:45 pm at Saratoga Spa State Park
- Shopping Night, Thursday, July 13 at 7 p.m.
- Workout Times: Thursday at 6 pm & Sunday at 8 am
- Workout Locations: Saratoga Sp State Park